The Ontario Automotive Modernization Program (O-AMP) is a partnership with small- and medium-sized automotive parts suppliers in Ontario.
The program is not open for applications at this time. Information about future application rounds will be announced November 14, 2022 and the deadline is January 17, 2023.
Your business could get up to $150,000 to help cover up to 50% of eligible project costs.
As a successful applicant, you are required to contribute at least 50% of remaining project costs through:
- your own business resources
- private or bank financing
To be eligible for O-AMP, you must be a small- or medium-sized Ontario-based business in the automotive supply chain.
Specifically, you must meet these requirements:
- be a for-profit business (with a business number)
- less than 500 employees globally
- less than $1 billion in global revenues
- have at least two years of financial statements
- at least 50% of the company’s total sales revenue comes from the auto supply sector
Larger companies (i.e. those with more than 500 employees) must partner with at least one Ontario-based small- or medium-sized business to be eligible.
O-AMP provides support to projects that fall under one or both of the following categories:
- technology adoption – for example, using advanced manufacturing hardware, software and/or training to improve processes and competitiveness. This might include using logistical systems and investing in production hardware or software that digitize production tracking
- lean manufacturing – for example, improving operational efficiency and competitiveness by using lean manufacturing techniques or hiring the services of a mentor/consultant to help with lean implementation
Projects must also:
- be achievable – for example, applicants need to have the necessary financing, project management structure and experience to implement the project
- align with O-AMP’s goals – for example, job creation, revenue increases, cost savings, contributions to regional or automotive sector development